Director of Strategy (Los Angeles)
We are looking for a Director of Strategy to lead our team. The role is based in our LA office. Strategy helps inform everything we do.
We are looking for someone with strategic rigor to drive business and creative impact for us and for our clients.
To be successful in this role, you should have extensive experience with brand management and a good understanding of the clients’ industry. Ultimately, you will ensure our clients’ brand message and tone are consistent across all online and offline channels.
- Lead Frank Collective’s strategy department from our LA office, guiding strategy work in both LA and NY. Be able to collaborate bi-coastally with the NY team, in particular, our Senior Strategist.
- Manage all LA strategy-driven projects, and collaborate with creative + marketing departments to generate key strategic insight across projects.
- Help grow and evolve the Strategy practice at Frank (such as exploring new methodologies, frameworks, and research approaches).
- Participate in new business pitches and identify areas for growth.
- Work with the executive team to set and meet business goals.
- Cultivate and manage new and ongoing client relationships.
- Drive innovative solutions internally and externally.
- Help clients develop their brand story through combining analytical and creative elements.
- Use specific data to devise a short- or long-term strategy to position the brand and build market share.
- Deliver ideas and concepts that set clients apart from competitors
- Create strong positions for market growth and recognition across various media channels.
- Conduct research on clients’ current marketing strategies, customer profile, and market share
- Develop sense of clients’ strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities to improve brand positioning.
- Analyze data ranging from customer feedback to surveys measuring brand recognition and engagement.
- Present findings, concepts, and progress to clients as well as fine-tune messaging throughout the process.
- Collaborate with creative teams to ensure that materials adhere to client guidelines and are in line with the current brand strategy.
- 7+ years of experience bringing strategy to life across all brand touchpoints (brand strategy, identity, web/digital, marketing and advertising campaigns).
- Versatility across industries, company size, and both B2C and B2B businesses.
- Well-versed in creating or managing digital or technology brand experiences.
- Expertise in leading research initiatives (quantitative, qualitative, A/B and preference testing) is a must.
- Capable and interested in extending strategy work through innovation/product development/business strategy.
- Has led strategically driven campaign concepts + conducted research for ($1M+) campaigns
- Managerial experience needed, with the desire to foster the growth and development of Strategy team.
- Have an ability to be fully autonomous, but also a skilled collaborator, across disciplines.
- Have an ability to be egoless, but highly driven and ambitious to create stellar work.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and references to jobsATfrankcollective.com
The cover letter is super important. We read all of them. Special consideration is given to any applicant who has one. It gives a sense of who you are outside of your resume.
Only qualified applicants will be considered. We will contact you to set up an interview if interested.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to respond to every individual applicant.
Position is available immediately with a 90 day evaluation period to determine permanent viability.Back to Careers