Head of Business Development (Los Angeles)
We’re looking for a results-driven new business lead to actively seek out and engage customer prospects.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have a deep understanding of the sales process and dynamics, and possess superb interpersonal skills. Previous experience in a sales role is a must.
We want a high-performing sales manager that is capable of customer acquisition, meeting revenue growth targets, networking and highlighting clients that are a good fit with our culture and way of working. You will be responsible for maximizing our sales potential, crafting sales plans and justifying those plans to the upper management.
This person will be a key component in expanding our client base, driving introductions and meetings, and acting as the first point of contact with potential clients.
- Lead cultivation and research in potential clients and industries.
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
- Act as the first point of contact with potential new clients.
- Gain a deep understanding of client’s goals, and explain how our services meet those needs.
- Draft, refine, and pitch scopes with our production team.
- Actively coordinate and schedule new business calls and meetings with potential clients.
- Develop, implement, and manage lead generation initiatives.
- Attend and participate in weekly New Business meetings and selected industry networking events including conferences, seminars, etc. as necessary.
- Help determine pricing schedules for quotes, promotions, and negotiations.
- Coordinating sales efforts with marketing programs.
- Become a brand ambassador for our company
- Proficiency in MacOS, especially Keynote, and GSuite programs
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Adept at public speaking, leading meetings, and pitching concepts.
- Deep understanding of branding, creative, and digital processes.
- Ability to travel out of state
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, economics or a related field.
- Successful previous experience as a sales representative or sales manager, consistently meeting or exceeding targets.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
- Strong business sense and industry expertise.
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills.
- A commitment to excellent client service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with both customers and suppliers.
- Able to work comfortably in a fast paced environment.
- Driver’s license and reliable personal transportation.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and references.
We’re big on cover letters. We actually read them and it will give you an advantage over candidates who think “meh, nobody reads cover letters. I’ll just apply without one.” Please don’t be that person. Use that cover letter to give us a sense of who you are, how you express yourself, why you think working at Frank Collective would be the best ever and an opportunity to tell us something about yourself that isn’t in your resume. It doesn’t have to be a novel. Brevity is the soul of wit.
Benefits: Base salary plus quarterly commission will be commensurate with ability, experience, growth, and interest.Health, vision, dental, 401k, discretionary end-of-year bonus and vacation benefits after 3 months of official hire, parking stipend, and robust vacation allotment.
Job Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Required education: Bachelor’s degree or higher
Required experience: Business development and sales 4+ years
Job Type: Full-time. Must be able to work onsite in our DTLA office Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm.
Travel Requirements: OccasionalBack to Careers